Saturday, April 2, 2011

Before & After :: Dollar Store Craft Day

See previous post :: I went buckwild on "idea items" as I like to call them.... at the DOLLAR TREE, the most fantabulous place in the world !!!

Began this simple little project with two items from the Dollar Tree :: a silver and black beautiful gift bag, and an 11x14" black frame.





I cut a piece out of the bag to fit into the frame. I hung it with some gray toned ribbon. I also hung it with some vinyl lettering, all items from Dollar Tree.

Total Cost of Project :: $3-4



There was a set of vinyl lettering at DT (dollar Tree) with the saying "Live Well Laugh Often Love Much" I decided to frame up "Much Love" (a more relaxed, easygoing saying. reminds me of potheads and Jamaicans). I used a pink envelope leftover from V-Day and randomly placed the letters on it. Then I framed it in The beautiful black frame, which is straight from DT, no alterations. I set the frame on the small black easel.





LAMP TIME!!




This little beauty struck my attention one day and Goodwill and I snatched it up for $3-4. I knew I wanted to put something inside the glass, like stones or glass chips, or something. I put about 3 different fillers in, before I found the perfect black river stones at DT (Dollar Tree) today. And it was just enough to fill the inside of the lamp :)


AFTER



A beautiful, classy lamp. for my new pink / black / romantical / swirlie / modern bedroom decor.


LAMP UPDATE ::

I bought a new lampshade (trust me , this is against everything i stand for...) but it was at Target for $2.48. So I swapped it out ::


<(*please excuse the nasty table it's on!*)







Check out it's corner "home" ::










Just a little homemade cloche' :: made from a cheese board (scored at Goodwill for about $2.99) and a candlestick. The beautiful shell came off my beach here in Destin !!


Well, I have been in 5th gear today, creating my booty off. I hope you all enjoy looking at everything as much as I enjoyed doing it all!

Also, please send any positive or negative feedback, share a project YOU have done, or and ideas you have. Remember, Create!.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are little presents from you to me . I read and reply to each every one. Thank you so much for dropping by !!

Popular Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...