Sunday, April 17, 2011

Shaving & Razor Tips

This is an update of a post from earlier in the year. 

There was a link to an article on my homepage, Yahoo!  (the page that automatically opens when I open my browser) I usually try to atleast read the headlines in the news briefing. Today was a link I thought worth sharing, an article about saving money on your shaving costs :: http://shopping.yahoo.com/articles/yshoppingarticles/546/the-best-razors/.


Also, I had to (of course) throw my 2 cents in!

The best and cheapest shave I get is with the highest blade count in generic form. If  I have a coupon, I will opt for the pricier Venus or other NON disposable razor. The refills are ridiculously expensive. However, with coupons and sales, and if it is your preference, then go the refillable route.
The best razor I've ever used is the Venus 4 and 5 blade.
Mostly, I buy a 4-blade disposable multi pack - most recently, at the local Dollar Store (not Dollar Tree, where everything is $1). It was a 4 pack of 4-blade disposable womens razors. I think it was a knockoff of BIC disposables, I believe.

Anyway, always keep your razor DRY, as this will delay rusting, almost doubling your razor's lifespan, and buy the highest blade count in generic and usually disposable variety.



New Findings ::
Razors
Photo: Steve Mason/Getty Image   

Razors

You're told to toss them after: 6 weeks
But they can really last for: 4 months
Keep your blade sharper for longer by dipping it in rubbing alcohol after each use. And rather than leaving the razor near the shower head, where it will get sprayed with water and is more likely to rust, place it at the other end of the tub.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are little presents from you to me . I read and reply to each every one. Thank you so much for dropping by !!

Popular Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...